The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a X Bow this year. I have been looking at the EXCALIBER line, then come across the MAXIMUS.
Any thoughts, How do they comapare. They seem to be better priced.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
54flint said:
I am in the market for a X Bow this year. I have been looking at the EXCALIBER line, then come across the MAXIMUS.
Any thoughts, How do they comapare. They seem to be better priced.
Maximus used to be Chinese import stuff then a American based company moved the operation to the US and completely redesigned the product lineup. Unfortunately, they ran out of money and the future is in limbo. their new President left as well.

They had some really innovative designs but all is on hold. Rumor is the Maximus line may be resurrected but nothing positive yet.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
mightyjoeyoung said:
Saw a maximus bow at sportsmans liquidators a couple days ago. Did not impress me...
Was that the old Chinese made bows or the new USA made Maximus? A few of the USA made hit the streets before they closed down shop. I wouldn't buy either at this point.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
The only other recurve style I would buy would be the KodaBow. But, you are gonna spend more for the average Kodabow than the average Excalibur.

You can get Excal for between $500-$600 bucks. I would save a bit longer instead of settling for another much lower quality bow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts