The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will retire to PA in less than a year. Having said that I will soon purchase a new Mathews Halon bow. At my current location (not PA), max let off for hunting with a bow is 80%. Current let-off modules for the Halon bow are 75% and 85%. My timing for my move is such that I will go with an 85% module if PA allows such. If not, obviously I will need the 75% modules.

BLUF, what is the max bow let-off for hunting in PA. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance...

Chaos USMC

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
To my knowledge there is no let-off restrictions in Pa. and a lot of bows today have 85% let-off. That would be a hard law to enforce considering bows can be tuned to vary the let-off. An officer would have to have a bow scale with him to prove the bows let-off and since they allow crossbows in this state, let-off should not be an issue. I could not find any info the PGC website and maybe someone on here has some better info on let-off in Pa.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Chaos if you go to the Pa Game Commission web sight home page and then select the Law tab at the top and then big game regulations. This section will get you familiar with some of the Pa. regs for hunting deer. Such as legal archery equipment and broadheads. I do not see any let-off requirements.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PA.Bone, Wol and 25Ftup,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Looking over the PA reg's I also could not find anything regarding let-off. I would not put it past CO. DOW to be carrying a scale during bow season... Seriously though, with the Halon, since there are only two easily identifiable modules, any enforcement officer worth their salt would be able to differentiate between them.

Thanks for the guidance regarding the LE section of the reg's Bone, I will look it over again tonight.

Be safe and be well,

Chaos

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good evening folks. I wanted to let you know that I called the PA game commission today and asked the question to them. They confirmed that there are no max let-off restrictions on bows. I'll have to research the logic behind Colorado's DOW 80% max restrictions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts