The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my 355 from Arrowhead and am really impressed. This bow is so fun to shoot. I have only shot it about 15 times but must say its a shooter. My string has stretched badly but I need a string changer to adjust it. It does have a loud thump when shot but as others have said it is very short lived. I will be putting a flemish string on in the future after factory string stretches all the way. I was concerned with getting it cocked but that has turned out to be a non issue. Its not bad at all. If you can cock 175 and up you will be fine. I will have to aim at seperate dots for each shot as I'm tearing up my nocks. Several are dented!!! Thanks Mike for taking care of me and will patiently await the stringer! Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Glad to hear that you got one. I definitely got a lot more string stretch with the 380 than I did with my Vortex, so a string changer is definitely needed to keep the brace height correct.

What arrows are you shooting with it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm shooting victory shafts with the brass insert. They fly amazing. Total weight is 400 gr. I think. Not sure on the speed but not worried about that. It shoot so much faster than my axiom!! This xbow feels really good. I'm having a little problem with the scope. I got the turkey plex. The scope is awesome but my eyesight is having a bit of problem. Using the alternative aiming points on the scope is confusing my brain. Lol. I think having the normal aiming points to use 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards would work better for me. I'm using 2" blazer also.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The sting changer will be on it's way Wednesday. I apologize for the wait. Good to hear the Victory's are doing well for you. Total weight was 402 grains.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received my stringer yest in the mail! Thanks Arrowhead. Hopefully today I can get a chance to shoot some. Going turkey hunting on 2 1/2 hours sleep. I'm sure those gobbles will keep me awake!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts