The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing a used one. Not counting ebay, what would a good price be? He said it was new in 2012 and he is the second owner. It does come with a drop away rest, stab, sight and arrows. I'm waiting on a response for the brand names/models. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Your going to get a lot of mixed replies... Ford, Chevy, Dodge... If you like the bow? Buy it. I honestly couldn't tell you what a fair price would be. If your happy with the price and the bow go for it. Personally I love my Z7Xtreme and don't see myself ever getting rid of it. I would like to have two bows and if I did it would be another Mathews! Love the Creed as well! I am up for a new string this year on the Z7 so I hope that goes well. Depending on your set up Speed and penetration are very good in my opinion from the Z7. I will get a pic of mine maybe tonight all set up and post it.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I wish I could help you on a good price point. I'd like to know that myself.

I have a Z7 that I purchased several years ago. Because of shoulder and elbow issues, I've since went to a crossbow. I was impressed enough with Mathews quality that I looked at and purchased a Mission crossbow.

I really liked my Z7 and it served me very well. It was accurate and quiet. If you were left handed, it might be a good bow for you. I'm probably selling mine, as I'm getting comfortable with the crossbow and probably won't be switching back to the vertical bow.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
$450-$475 based upon the site, rest, and the number of arrows. Bare bow would be $375-$400. I say that based upon a search I did for you on Archery Talk for Mathews Z7 bows for sale, and got Z7, EZ7, and Z7 extreme choice. My 2012 Hoyt Vector 32 sold for $400.00 bear bow. 2012 was the last year for the Z7, and the flagship bow that year was the Heli' em. You will see them selling for more on Ebay, but ebay prices are inflated, and Archery talk is more of dealer pricing, which for a buyer is great, for a seller it is rock bottom. Figure a face to face purchase you are saving the seller $25.00 in shipping alone ($50 if he ships it USPS and insures it). Z7 was a good bow. It was the basis for the EZ7, Z7 extreme, Z7Magnum and the Zxt.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased it tonight for $400. Came with 1 doz Radial xwave 3 STL Carbon 300 arrows(blazer), rip cord drop away rest, Scott release, Plano hard case, octane stabilizer, mathews quiver and viper sight. The guy was really nice. String looks like it might need to be changed soon, but it shoots like a dream at 25 yards and I didn't have to touch the sights. I might swap the sight off my old bow just because it seems like the pins catch more light and I like the level.

I just want to say thanks for all the help. Time to crank down my old bow for my fiancé!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts