The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the remedy for my mathews reezen making a creeking noise when drawing? The noise comes from the yoke pulleys rubbing the limb. I tried powder graphite but it didn't work. Thanks, Muzzyhunter

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I would definetly take it to your pro shop and have them check it out. Is the bow new or have you had it awhile? I have a reezen and it is very quiet, no creaks or noise just a nice thud when the arrow hits the target, I would say something is wrong and would err on the side of caution, hope you get it fixed soon only a month to go, good luck.

·
Registered
855 Posts
QCC's would be the problem. Had the same problem with my Mathews. Took it back to where I bought it and the guy took them off and sanded them down. Haven't heard the noise again yet. Talked to a different Mathews dealers a few months after I had taken my bow back to where I bought it and this Mathews dealer said that they would have replaced them not sanded them. I posted on ArcheryTalk trying to find out what exactly the problem was that they were creating noise. I have had response that they just have a high spot on them but that answer is not good because the bow didn't always make the noise the noise developed over time. I also have heard that dirt is the problem. I suppose I can believe that response but I still am disappointed with Mathews products because of this issue. I have read many post on ArcheryTalk where people have this problem and you would think that Mathews could have done something about it or would have recognized the problem in developing these bows.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
My mathews LX from 2004 made the same noise I just took them off cleaned and oiled it and good to go..

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I just had the same issue on my Z7 fixed. They took off the qcc's sanded them and greased em. No more creaking noise.

I guess it's actually not uncommon on the mathews single cam bows. I was unaware of this until I did a couple internet searches and posted on AT.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
check to make sure its not your release. my wrist strap on my release will make a creaking noice when i draw back. not saying thats what it is but might be worth checking.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
What ever you do... DO NOT OIL the bearings. They are sealed lubricated beings and oil will break down the bearings!

My brother and best friend each purchased a new Reezen and both had the "creeking" noise from the cam. My brothers bearing actually came apart at the shop on the bow press "5" days before the '09 season. My best friend didn't shoot a lot but still had the noise.

The bad thing is we lost two "Mathews" shooters to Bowtech. They each got rid of their Reezen's for Destroyers.... So Sad!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts