The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have trouble? This will be the 3rd set when I get it back. The latest set lasted 2 months.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i used to have one for 3 years. never had any issues.

are you shooting way too light of an arrow or tightening your limb bolt too tight?

could be a bent riser as well.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
It also sounds to me like there might be a deeper issue here. I will be the first to tell you I'm absolutely not a fan of mathews or their bows. However, they seldom have limb problems, even with their super agressive preloaded limbs like on the Reezen. Tell us more about your setup, someone here might be able to help.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im shooting 67 lb draw with 70 lb limbs so I don't think that would be the problem, also my arrows are 412 grain carbon injexions. absolutely no dry fry or anything like that. nobody has shot my bow other then me. this has me confused because like you guys said you dont hear of mathews with alot of limb issues but they dont ask any questions when replacing them... the 1st set of limbs it was cracked like on the corner and peeled up the side of the limb. this time its cracked by the limb bolt.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Yeah its definitely not you or your setup. I mean I've seen a few sets of delaminated reezen limbs in my day, and a few that cracked, but it was pretty rare. You should be on the horn with Mathews requesting to send the entire bow back and have them send you a new one.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
have the riser checked out. i highly doubt they keep sending you bad limbs, so that leaves one common denominator...the riser.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the new limbs are already on the way so hope it was bad luck, if not i'll be contacting mathews.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts