The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this bow? I just ordered mine. Curious what Stabilizer you are using. Also curious about arrow choice.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I have one. Love it!! Since the photo I put a 7" ktec and a chubb'e sling on it. I am shooting vaps.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice setup. What weight is that stabilizer? It seemed slightly top heavy when I shot it so curious what guys are doing to get it balanced right. Is that a 7? Do you have it maxed at 70#? I will gave 29.5 draw, maxed at 70# and im trying to figure out what arrow I need for proper spine without going insane heavy.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
No it's a 6 with a 27" draw. Yep maxed out at 70# and boy is it a smooth 70lbs. It didn't feel top heavy to me. Not sure what the stabilizer is but everything feels pretty balanced. I shoot vap v1 350's

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shot the demo at Eds which is only at 65 and the draw is 29 I think. Smooth, quiet, fast, everything I want in a bow. Hoping 29.5 wont cause a pinch with that short ATA but my friend is an engineer at Mathews and said I should be fine. I just can't find anyone with my draw length, pulling 70 to find out what arrow they are sending down range. Spine selection has always been rocket science to me and I want to get it right with a bow producing like this one. I guess I'll be using the Easton Chart and just hope I nail it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Alot of the reviews say it too but the cams are huge. It is 30" ata but you really do gain a few inches with those cams.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Pa.Bone said:
I would like to shoot a Halon X, the X has the specs I like in a bow.
Shot one this weekend... LOVE IT. I am a old skool archer who appreciates a longer ATA, and its quite smooth. here comes the BUT... I love the draw cycle of my no cam, so I can't and won't give that up. I shot a Hoyt Defiant also.. that was a nice bow and I never shot Hoyt's well for some reason.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Good luck SoPo.

Wife and I were just shipped 2 on Thursday.
Got them set up yesterday.

Amazing bows.
I'm running Dead Center Stabilizer on mine with CX Maxima Hunter 450s. 125 grain point. 285 fps last night 69 lbs while sighting in.

Super smooth

·
Registered
525 Posts
My son-in-laws brother purchased the Halon as an upgrade this year. He shoots it well, and absolutely loves his Halon. The thing is whisper quiet at the shot the way it is currently set up. Best of luck, and enjoy the new bow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts