The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa is bringing my girls, 7 and 10 each a Mathews Genesis bow kit.
It comes as a kit with arrows, rest, quiver and wrist gaurd.
My question is, it has no sight on it, can you put one on it? Should I? And should i try to teach them using a release. Any training tips would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
same here...santa is bringing my boy, 6, a genesis. im interested to hear feed back from others who have them already???

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yes, you can put a sight on,I did.I put a sight that had just one pin for now.I also put a whisker bisquit for rest after seeing arrow fall off a few times. And also let them use the armguard they will need it at first.I did not go the release way yet, maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I believe my son was around 6 when he started shooting a compound. I put a very inexpensive 'fiber' sight( only 1 pin)-kids can get confused. And a peep sight. The release will be the toughest to 'fit'. I had to cut the rod down so the trigger would be perfect. Also added a string loop.
I set up a target in the basement, started him at 5 yards and by spring he was at 17 yards.
Proper technique and stance, anchor point, follow through were all stressed. We would play a game where I would use a HORRIBLE technique such as a bad stance. HE would be the teacher and tell me my stance wasn't proper. Something to make it fun. Balloons at the target.
Just my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts