The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who out there has one and what do you think..Best bow I ever shot and I have had 3 other Mathews Bows

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Mines on layaway right now,be getting it shortly.very smooth bow,it is dead in the hand after the shot.I always brag my alphamax up,now it's my backup bow,I don't even feel like shooting it anymore.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I know alot of people still prefer the 2 cam or cam and a half system but I will never go back from the single cam design. I have a few 2 cams still lying around and they were fine bows in their day but I spent way to much time tweaking them and keeping them in perfect time. Think about it, to perfectly time your rollover you put 5 more twists in one cable than the other, when they start to stretch will they stretch the same?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have a Z7 and it's by far the best bow I have ever owned in my life. I have been through Hoyts, PSE, High country,and Bow tech. Mathews is just far ahead of the game and it is all worth the money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bought mine a month ago and love it. I shot the reezen and the monster the z7 was defiently the smoothest draw and dead in the hand after the shot. i love the bow and cant wait till archery comes in!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've shot the Reezen, the Z7, the Alphamax, and the Monster 7. I currently own a Switchback. IMHO my Switchback shoots better than all of them But I'm seriously thinking of buying the Monster 7 and set it up for 3D shooting. I think the Monster 7 was the best shooting bow of all of them.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Ordered my Z7 today. Our demo was a 29" draw and I wanted to make sure the shorter axle to axle length wouldn't change the string angle enough to change my draw any. When I tried to draw it after not shooting since Nov. I about blew out my shoulder! By our scale it was set at 73# and wasn't bottomed out! After backing down the limbs to a more managable poundage and rechecking the draw weight I decided on a heavy 60#er. Usually shoot around 62# and didn't want to have to back a 70# down that many turns, less efficient.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
i shoot 61# and a 28" draw because ive already rebuilt my shoulder. you should know better than to try that dude. i could handle a 29 if i wasnt protecting it. i refuse to draw any bow over 28"/63#

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Would never have tried it if I had thought it was set that heavy. It wasn't bottomed out so I was thinking it was 65-67#? When working on customer bows I have pulled heavier weight but on shorter draw lengths so I was past the hard part sooner. Started fletching my new arrows this morning for something to do until it arrives. It will probably seem to take forever to get here, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts