The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/ag_maura_healey_bans_sale_of_c.html

Massachusetts already bans the sale of assault weapons and of copies or duplicates of assault weapons. But, according to Healey, some gun manufacturers made guns that are very similar to assault weapons but with small changes. For example, they do not have a collapsible stock or a flash suppressor. That does not change the lethality of the weapon, but it does let the gun manufacturers claim it is not a copy of an assault weapon, so it is "state compliant."

The ban on selling the guns is effective Wednesday. Gun dealers with existing stock will have to sell them to dealers out of state.

Anyone who purchased one of these assault-style weapons before Wednesday will be allowed to keep it. But no Massachusetts resident will be allowed to possess an assault-style weapon that was purchased after that, even if it is bought elsewhere.

"It would appear the attorney general has usurped legislative authority and somehow, under whatever power she thinks she has, to then change the interpretation of something that's been in place for almost two decades," Wallace said.

·
Registered
26,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK...what if Pennsylvanias Attorney General did this?

this should be a major concern to all of us.

what if it didnt stop at semi autos. a semi auto shotgun works pretty much the same as the semi auto rifles she is talking about.

"Under Healey's definition, if a gun's operating system is the same as that of a banned weapon or it has components that are interchangeable with those in a banned weapon, the gun will be illegal to sell in Massachusetts."

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
This should be challenged in court and be tossed immediately. The guns that are being outlawed by someone who doesn't even have that authority meet the criteria to be legally sold.

Now if the court OKs this tyranny, that's when the problems get really bad, followed by Law Enforcement if they violate their Constitutional Oaths and start arresting citizens for violating no one's rights.

That's why it's important to stop letting Govs ban or restrict anything gun related. When you give them an inch, they take a light year.

There's is no compromising with leftists.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The first revolution officially kicked off in Lexington and Concord Massachusetts as the British Army regulars were given orders to find and confiscate or destroy arms reportedly held by the colonial militia..........

Not sure how what is happening there now is legal in any form but it will surely be challenged by a higher party. One can only hope at the very least it is tossed by the wayside. I wonder if she also realizes that it could potentially blow up in her face as it is debated on a higher level.....she could want an all out ban and instead wind up with the "old" ban law tossed as unconstitutional and in turn let in all the evil black hi cap and adjustable guns.

Either way it is obvious political positioning on her part as we lead into the Democratic convention. She is a hero to the liberal dimwits either way......she is either the person who got them banned, or the one who had the stones to try.
Its using a party agenda to further one's political career at it's purest form.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
PLEASE, stop calling the AR, AK and any other semi-auto platform an "Assault Weapon"!! Assault weapons have been under the NFA since 1934. An "assault weapon" has a select fire mechanism which allows it to fire fully automatic. The MSR is no different than any other semi-auto rifle or shotgun in that each time you pull the trigger the gun fires ONE shot.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I always find it funny how "they" claim that we have no need for advanced technology - Yet during the American Revolution it was the backwoodsmen with their longrifles that proved invaluable for sniping the British officers. While woodsmen were still shooting round balls they also had rifling - something that the military muskets of the day did not have - thus inmproving both range and accuracy = new technology.

·
Registered
26,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
during the fight for independence our forefathers had the same firearms available to them as the British did.

When they wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, they made sure that we would ALL have THE SAME RIGHTS as everyone, including the same arms as the Government.

But today our Government is so busy trampling on us to enrich themselves they do not want us to have the same Arms as them or even the very same rights.

they exempt themselves from so many laws it isnt funny anymore.

I DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT if the Government doesnt trust me.

Also, way back when, after the fight for our Independence from the British, the Militia was every homeowner, farmer, businessman, the MILITIA WAS THE PEOPLE...not the military or the national guard...it was WE THE PEOPLE and IT STILL IS TODAY.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
Now if the court OKs this tyranny, that's when the problems get really bad
The Supreme Court already did uphold this in Heller.

Everyone was happy b/c Heller affirmed the individual right the whole 2A is and was based on.

However Heller also said that just because a state/city/county can't tell you that you CAN'T own a firearm (that would violate your 2A rights), they are totally free to do just about anything else including banning the sale of just about any type of gun for any reason and/or severely limiting how/when you can use it.

So if the state bans everything except single shot bolt action .22 rifles, and requires you to pay a $1500/yr fee for 8 hours of gun safety training, fingerprinting and background checks every year just to maintain the paperwork that allows you to own that rifle, that's all OK b/c they never said you "can't" own a gun, all dovetails nicely w/their interpretation of the 2A- from a SC w/a narrow "conservative" majority.

God help us!

BH

·
Registered
408 Posts
This isbad, as it prohibits possession of ANYTHING that resembles anything from the original Colt AR-15 and AK-47. Right down to screws, pins and magazines. Prohibits gunsmith from working on them as they can't purchase any components. Also will prohibit (eventually), ALL firearms that utilize a push button magazine release, aka semi-auto handguns, some autoloading shotguns and bolt action shotguns with a magazine.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I for one will be happy when there gone !!! I'm getting tired listening to these noise makers at the ranges I shoot at, other than killing people, making noise is all they are good for, I'm also getting tired of replacing mining belt after these Johnny Rambo morons get done spraying their worthless shooting behavior all over everything!! You can't use them for anything other than making noise, I watched two Rambo types Sunday pull out there black man holding a white girl hostage target, how sick have our shooters become, sad state of affairs...

·
Registered
26,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that is correct tpr25. i believe there was a bill a few years ago that tried to ban firearms capable of shooting more than 300 yards, or something like that.

when someone pointed out that the bill would effectively ban just about every rifle on the market including the small 22lr, those politicians couldnt talk their way out of it fast enough.

needless to say that bill didnt move an inch.

but they tried and they will try in a huge way under Hillary.

·
Administrator
30,605 Posts
6-DASHER said:
I for one will be happy when there gone !!! I'm getting tired listening to these noise makers at the ranges I shoot at, other than killing people, making noise is all they are good for, I'm also getting tired of replacing mining belt after these Johnny Rambo morons get done spraying their worthless shooting behavior all over everything!! You can't use them for anything other than making noise, I watched two Rambo types Sunday pull out there black man holding a white girl hostage target, how sick have our shooters become, sad state of affairs...
Yep, can't wait till these are gone.....

·
Registered
621 Posts
6-DASHER said:
Wow!

·
Registered
26,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
6-DASHER said:
to be fair and unbiased i think the target company should make a new target that shows a white girl holding a black man hostage with a riot scene in the background.

or would that one be racist. seriously though, police silhouette targets used to be black, now they are gray.

agreeing to ban any legal firearm is a step in the wrong direction. these folks will not stop once they get their foot in the door.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Meatetarian said:
6-DASHER said:
Wow!

Wow! x2

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.