The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a tuna boat out of Maryland. I never did this before. NC is too far and the NJ boats I looked at were overnighters.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You have to do your home work,what are you looking for? Right now Blue Fin is one per boat per day.They are usally with in 40 miles of shore in early summer.Mid to late summer Yellow Fin (3 per person),Marlin,Wahoo are in the canyons 70+,miles.I would pick bigger more expensive boat for canyons.I think its hard to find a bad captain in OCMD.
Check OCFishing center,sunset,Talberts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree that you'd have a hard time finding a bad captain out of OCMD. I'm not posting links this time around, but Johnny Oughton on the That's Right is a tuna slayer. Marli is also a great boat, as is the barber's boat Restless Lady. June is a great time to go the past few years. There was an amazing chunk bite at the Hot Dog last year and that's only 40 miles from OCMD sea buoy. Happy to point you in the right direction via PM.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies...looking for something in June...yellow fin.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Offshore Outlaw is a great guy and resonable because its a fuel efficient boat although I did hear he bought another boat to run charters off of to make the commute times shorter. We had a blast last summer on an over nite trip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts