The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience bowhunting on any of the state parks in maryland? I've heard some are overrun with deer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
I hunt pretty boy and Loch Raven lots of deer lots of pressure......Loch raven was just opened to hunting about 2-3 yrs ago all archery only.....Pretty boy has a lot of deer plus unlimited doe can be taken there......Make sure to get permits and carry with you...I got stopped at LR almost everytime I hunted there,,never been checked at PB...seen some nice buk but never harvested any.......If you buy the Ml lisence then you can just about hunt everyday from September 15 till Jan 31...definately worth the 185 for a lisence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
buckinnuts said:
If you buy the Ml lisence then you can just about hunt everyday from September 15 till Jan 31...definately worth the 185 for a lisence
You cannot hunt on Sundays on State lands in Maryland. Private land only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Myself and a couple of uncles started hunting on state land in maryland last year and didn,t have much pressure but once muzz hit it was unreal. First day of rifle we pulled up at 5 to the parking area and we were the14th truck there so you,ve been warned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
rlfb74 said:
buckinnuts said:
If you buy the Ml lisence then you can just about hunt everyday from September 15 till Jan 31...definately worth the 185 for a lisence
You cannot hunt on Sundays on State lands in Maryland. Private land only.
ok I made a TYPO ! NO SUNDAYS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
buckinnuts said:
rlfb74 said:
buckinnuts said:
If you buy the Ml lisence then you can just about hunt everyday from September 15 till Jan 31...definately worth the 185 for a lisence
You cannot hunt on Sundays on State lands in Maryland. Private land only.
ok I made a TYPO PAL! NO SUNDAYS
Wow, pal . I wasn't trying to insult you. I was simply stating the law for the original poster who was asking about hunting on state land in Maryland. I thought it pertained directly to his question and felt that it was info that he should know. I don't see how anyone would take offense to that....????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
rlfb sorry wasnt thinking when I typed it I corrected it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
I was talking to some clown at work and must of typed what I was saying then...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
Do we work at the same place? Beacause I have a few clowns here too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,265 Posts
I was taking a quick stroll through a piece of land that's apparently part of Patapsco State Park, near River Road and West Nursery Road, and it looked to be LOADED with deer. I believe the area is open to archery hunting, but being right in Baltimore I'd be kinda surprised if it isn't crowded. Not particularly accessible, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
only real problem I noticed with the parks are some of the NATURE walkers and there dogs ....also the places seem to have less hunters after our season opens up....wonder why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
buckinnuts said:
only real problem I noticed with the parks are some of the NATURE walkers and there dogs
Maryland has some funny laws regarding hunting on state land too. One is that you can't wear a facemask if your within so many yards of a non hunter (I forget exactly how many it is).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
buckinnuts said:
the places seem to have less hunters after our season opens up....wonder why?
The Maryland season opens on Sept 15. From then until our PA archery season opens, I bet 75%-80% of the vehicles you see in the parking lots have PA tags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
rlfb74 said:
buckinnuts said:
the places seem to have less hunters after our season opens up....wonder why?
The Maryland season opens on Sept 15. From then until our PA archery season opens, I bet 75%-80% of the vehicles you see in the parking lots have PA tags.
Yeah I know I was making a funny...lol....then you have time by yourself until ours end then it back on again with all Pa tags
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,245 Posts
Actually fellas, the MD Bow Season is opening this year on Sept 5 I believe. There was a move to open on the first of September, but some thought it would interfere with the Dove season opener.

Long and liberal deer season in MD. Another change they made this year was bag limit on bucks only three: One in each season; Bow, Muzzle, Shotun/Rifle. You can buy a Buck Bonus stamp to use in any of the seasons for a total of four bucks per season.

As in past years liberal bag limits on doe.

Also a few more Sunday hunting days were authorized. Check the DNR website for more data on seasons and bag limits.
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
well that is great news....chance for one in velvet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,790 Posts
Westen Md. starting in Allegany thru Garrett counties has large amount of state ground s to hunt. Last few years i was told Green Ridge in alleany hunting pressure is way down. Im from here but hunt mainly Pa.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top