The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get a couple ideas from you guys. I hunted state land in Maryland for about 10 years, when I quit because I starting hunting private land in central Virginia. I had good luck in Maryland. Taking 15 or 16 bucks in those years, all on state land, nothing huge, mostly spikes three and four points. I did get one 8 point one year that was pretty nice. Anyway my family has still been going the last few years, without much luck. I would like to gain permission to hunt private land around that area. How should I go about it, there is lots of farmland in that area ( near green ridge state forest) should I just ask permission to hunt? Or offer to lease the hunting rights? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
Well I used to hunt that same area. We started hunting way back in '89. There have been alot of changes over the years and alot more people hunting there since back then. Green Ridge was a paradise in my opinion up until the word spread and there were more people from PA hunting there than MD residents.

I imagine you could possibly get permission. You could try the fields and farms along old town road and new orleans rd.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Used to hunt mudlick often. Shot a couple in there. The first year I went I saw 77 deer the first day of rifle, it slimed down a lot since. May try the flintstone area and see what it's like.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I started bowhunting in Worcester County Maryland as my son lives in Ocean Pines {Ocean City}.Got one last year on Chesapeake Forest Lands near Pocomoke State Forest.Deer are tricky to pattern,but a lot of them.There are leases around but tough to join as they are family clubs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts