The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rumors are swirling that Marvin is on a short list will come home to coach Pitt..

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Why not--he's been SOOOOO successful as a HC. Why can't they cough up some reasonable coin, and pay a top level college guy? If Saban would become available, they still wouldn't pay him. Pitt has a good, not great, tradition. The best coaches do not look at Pitt as an elite program on the level of Ohio St, Alabama, USC, etc, and will not come here unless they pay them VERY well, more than those programs would have to.

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
Pitt definitely likes to get coaches on the cheap!! Get Tom Bradley and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I'm not a Pitt fan at all. Penn State alum. Bradley would make a great fit for Pitt. But, I don't think the boosters of the Pitt program could handle having a "Penn State" guy coaching their team. That's why I don't see it happening. Eventhough JoePa is endorsing him for the Pitt job.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Eventhough JoePa is endorsing him for the Pitt job.
Talked to a couple boosters that said they were disapointed when he(Bradley) called 3 times and got no response from Peterson.
Bradley would be be my 1st only only choice.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
How old is Bradley? Anyway, it doesn't, or shouldn't, matter where the guy comes from. Pitt/PSU hasn't been a rivalry for 20 years. Get over it. Get the best guy for the job. Peterson needs to go.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Hiring Bradley is one move that Peterson can make to clean up this mess he chose to create. At the current time, he looks like a complete moron, especially since there were some rumbling of off field issues with Haywood to begin with. I don't give a crap if he's a Penn State guy, a Florida State guy, or a Drunken State guy, as long as he's the best man for the job. He couldn't have served under a better coach for all these years. He's pretty much set on leaving PSU, so its either Peterson gets him, or he kicks Pitt's butt annually as UConn coach.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
There was just a report that he is not fired just yet and has another meeting in Ann Arbor today

1 - 14 of 14 Posts