The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think about the PGC giving us flinters one more day when most people have this day off.Really frustrates me every year when flintlock season ends on the Saturday,2 days before this holiday.I really don,t think it would make much diff. in the deer kill.Pros and Cons.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
3 weeks 3 saturdays isn't enough? let the deer regroup survive the winter and propagate for next years hunting season.. I'll be trout fishing on that day
local club is stocking the breeches

·
Registered
12,043 Posts
I always thought it unfair that the archers get such a long season. And it certainly would be nice to have a longer season, but, all good things must end sometime. I use a flinter for small game, and extend my season that way.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Zimm, if you or others want more hunting time then get in the woods when all seasons are open. Hunt archery if you know they get way more time in the woods hunting then other seasons. Don't beat them up just JOIN them.
You are forgetting that flinters (that me too)have not lost the chance to use thier tag for an anterless deer as the archers did, muzzy season has gone a long way without any changes, and I'm glad for the flinters that why I hunt that season also.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I don't think MLK used a muzzleloader so it wouldn't make any sense to use that day for the season. Better Daniel Boone's birthday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts