The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone comment/review these trails in Bedford County? I'm takeing the wife on Saturday and wondering about this area. It looks to me like one could ride both in a day? Is it worth a 2 hour drive when I could be in Marienville in the same amount of time/mileage? Big crowds or bad parking? Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Both trails are ok. Not as big as Michaux but nice. My girlfriend and i ride Sideling hill alot because it is not used a whole lot. They really fixed up some of the trail on the ridge.

There is one area that is rocky but not too excessive.

Martin hill trail is a pretty good trail too. Last time we were there we ran into a bear about a mile from the parking lot. Also not used a whole lot but not a bad trail at all.

I don't mind riding them at all because they are free. Always nice to ride free trails.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We arrived at 0845 at Martin Hill with no one else around. While unloading another truck pulled in , they were regulars and were suprised to see us there. The trails were good for a new rider like my wife, with one hillclimb of moderate difficulty. Lots of rocks, most trails were softball size rocks, tough on the tires. We encountered a rattle snake who would not yield to the quads. No mud, probably will never go back. Trail difficulty is 3 out of 10 on my scale. It is what I expected of a state trail. I'll post pics soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts