The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/...urth-amendment/

And here it is folks, agents from the Boston PD, Watertown PD, Port Authority PD, Mass. State Police, FBI, ATF, various SWAT teams, and the US Military effectively shut down an entire city while looking for ONE man, and proceeded to remove people from their homes at gunpoint to violate the 4th amendment and search their homes. This was for ONE man, imagine what will happen when some serious civil unrest arises...

Again, I ask the question, when the suspect fled on foot, why were no tracking dogs brought in???

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And what is your point?

When people are murdered that allows our government to trample on our Constitutional rights?

God bless the dead and the wounded and their families but I will not stand by and allow our rights be stripped away one by one because of terrorism or anything else.

There has been talk about the need for more cameras and listening devices on our streets since this as well....

Only a matter of time before some in our government attempt to find a way to set up a machine like in the Tom Cruise movie "Minority Report" where they can see into the future and stop crimes before they happen...

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
I get your point and frankly, I wondered about just this angle when the shutdown of Watertown took place. I am not bashing the law enforcement folks. But, I found the size, scope and power of LE to overpower a community somewhat alarming.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/...urth-amendment/

And here it is folks, agents from the Boston PD, Watertown PD, Port Authority PD, Mass. State Police, FBI, ATF, various SWAT teams, and the US Military effectively shut down an entire city while looking for ONE man, and proceeded to remove people from their homes at gunpoint to violate the 4th amendment and search their homes. This was for ONE man, imagine what will happen when some serious civil unrest arises...

Again, I ask the question, when the suspect fled on foot, why were no tracking dogs brought in???
TIMELINE: From Terror to Manhunt to Capture

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was fatally wounded in the shoot out, but Dzhokhar Tsarnaev slipped away. Blood in his car and blood behind a house where he apparently hid for a bit indicate that he was also wounded in the gunfight with police.
Bloodhounds were brought in to track the fugitive, but Deveau said so many people had been in the area that the dogs were unable to pick up Tsarnaev's scent.

But police didn't find him until about 8 p.m. Friday night when David Henneberry noticed blood on his backyard boat and peaked in to see a bloody Tsarnaev.

Police quickly surrounded the boat and there was a brief but ferocious volley of fire.

"The boat's not going to float for awhile," Deveau said.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The guy was a terrorist bent on killing Americans..Maybe like you guys suggest they should have sent one local police officer with a 38 pistol after him..What if it would have been your own neighborhood..It is OBAMAS fault for letting this garbage in our country..Now the IDIOTs on Capitol hill say FREE US CITIZENSHIP for ALL FOREIGNERS...Maybe they should INCLUDE Al Quida...

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So BLOODhounds weren't able to pick up the scent of a BLEEDING fugitive, on the run?

Methinks that they need some new BLOODhounds...

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up and letting us know that they indeed did bring in hounds, however that does not excuse the violations of the 4th amendment by LE and the military...

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Trask what is it like to live in a world where everything is wrong? It wasn't 10 minutes after the bombing occured before you started placing blame. Not a word about the vi9ctims and such but a lot of blame. What gives? Are you that unhappy?

·
Registered
545 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
And what is your point?

When people are murdered that allows our government to trample on our Constitutional rights?

God bless the dead and the wounded and their families but I will not stand by and allow our rights be stripped away one by one because of terrorism or anything else.

There has been talk about the need for more cameras and listening devices on our streets since this as well....

Only a matter of time before some in our government attempt to find a way to set up a machine like in the Tom Cruise movie "Minority Report" where they can see into the future and stop crimes before they happen...
I think that fewer movies on the schedule might serve you well....and less Beck as well.

As to "people being removed from their homes at gunpoint"...that language can conjure up all sorts of images and was solely meant to enflame.
Low shelf, son...low shelf.
Especially, today.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
It wasn't just the commissariat of Massachusucks.

A few years ago when tornados hit a few towns in Iowa (IIRC) authorities went house to house and confiscated all the firearms they could find. Whether the owner was home or not. The owners went through unbelievable hoops to try to get them back.

They declare the equivalent of Martial law at the drop of a hat and Americans have no choice but comply or be arrested. There may well be a point at which the survival of the government and society requires such drastic action. It hasn't even come close yet.

The law permitting the commandeering of personal property, destruction of private property, etc is still a bit sparse, but has been used to justify blowing up homes to combat the San Francicso fire, the Chicago fire, etc, Has been upheld, but those cases predate the modern concept of rights and due process. I'm not aware of what happened in the lawsuits from the city of Philadelphia intentionally exploding and setting fire to a number of city blocks when they bombed the MOVE headquarters. police may or may not have the right to declare a city wide lock down and curfew. Personally I feel it was overbroad and a violation of the constitutional right to travel. You want to search my house, get a warrant.

As for burk313;s comment about a single officer with a 38. Such a police officer probably stood a better chance of hitting what he shot at. What I saw on the news looked like an night fight episode of the A-team with thousands of shots fired and precious few actually connecting.

Lastly, there are alot of foreigners who realize the American dream holds more promise for them than their homeland. Our Social Security system is collapsing because of all the free loading malingering AMERICANS who feel no desire to actually work for a living. They get cradle to grave care, monthly groceries, free health insurance and monthly rent subsidies for being leeches upon society. I would gladly take two Chinese and a Pakistani for every one of those home bred sloths.

If you don't want immigrants on welfare, then it s simple, don't let anybody collect it for longer than a few months. Out recent perpetual unemployment is a prime example. When the benefits stopped suddenly they could find a job.

I'd prefer those who want to work and pay taxes regardless of where born. Let them come here and ship a few thousand welfare leech Americans over seas.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's right, attack me and claim that I don't care about the victims, only where to place the blame.

Is this the new America? We let emotions govern everything and the Constitution be darned?

Little kids were murdered in mass at Sandy Hook. Everyone is saddened and horrified by the event. So what shall we do? Use that emotion to trample on the 2nd amendment!

Bomb blasts in Boston kill 3 and wound over 200, maiming dozens for life. People are saddened and horrified by the event. So what do we do with that emotion? Allow the 4th amendment to be trampled!

Precedents are being set by these events that are very disturbing.

So you and others can sit there on your high horses and claim that I don't care about victims, just about pointing fingers, meanwhile the Constitution burns. All in the name of emotion...

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OldDublin said:
TraskOutdoors said:
And what is your point?

I think that fewer movies on the schedule might serve you well....and less Beck as well.

As to "people being removed from their homes at gunpoint"...that language can conjure up all sorts of images and was solely meant to enflame.
Low shelf, son...low shelf.
Especially, today.
"Conjure up images"???

Watch the video! And while your at it, watch the video of them confiscating guns in New Orleans and assaulting an old lady...

You have no idea how I have grieved for the victims and their families or what I have done for the victims so don't sit there and act as if I could care less about them.

THIS is what the ultimate goal of terrorist IS! To terrorize citizens, shut down cities and their economies, and prompt our own government to strip away our rights and freedoms one by one, all in the name of our "safety".

Enough with the accusing me of being cold hearted and careless. I have no time for internet tough guys lecturing me about what I can and can't say.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
InVenangoNow said:
Sorry Trask but it wasn't meant to be an attack. And as far as emotions??
Right, only the emotions of the victims and their families matter, right?

The families of the Newtown victims want SOMETHING done to curb gun violence, so that means that we should trample on rights to show sympathy?

Everybody wanted the [censored] who murdered and maimed scores of people in Boston caught, but does that mean that people's rights should be trampled on to do it?

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Gentleman I suggest everyone take a deep breath...........

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read on this site. This reminds me why I spend such little time on here anymore.

This thread is really quite embarrassing. What a world some folks live in in their minds.......

·
Registered
545 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
That's right, attack me ...
You play the victim well....but my comment stands upon the wisdom of your Beck driven rant today.

Consider past your agenda.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts