The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently unloaded an old Glenfield 60 (semi-auto) that I had since I was a teen, I finally had enough of the misfires and finicky feeding problems (yes, I was field stripping & cleaning the action regularly).

I'm looking into replacing it with a .22LR that I can use for both plinking & hunting with, along with helping my one boy improve his shooting at the range. I'm leaning toward a Marlin XT-22, does anyone have any experience with or comments on this gun? I have a Marlin 925 in .22mag which I absolutely love, based on what I can see, it seems like this was replaced with the XT-22 when Marlin moved operations?

Also, does the XT-22 have the same dovetail groove on top of the receiver that the 925 had for mounting scope bases? I seem to get different information, depending on where I look.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Uncle Nicky said:
Also, does the XT-22 have the same dovetail groove on top of the receiver that the 925 had for mounting scope bases? I seem to get different information, depending on where I look.

Thanks
The XT is both grooved and drilled-tapped. They will accept both type mounts.

Marlin XT-22 Review and Range Report

Bill

·
Banned
238 Posts
I have an XT-22. I got the black synthetic stock on mine. Mine has the tubular magazine that holds 17 shells. Really like the gun. Good little shooter. Squirrel slayer with CCI mini mags. Accurate. Just a basic Simmons 3-9 22mag scope on it.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
CCI Mini-Mags and Marlins just go together like peanut butter and jelley
They are all I hunt with out of my Marlins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts