The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any personal reviews on the marlin xl7 chambered in 30-06. I just purchased one and was wondering if anyone else on here has one and what they think of them. I dont want any storys on how poor they are compaired to high dollar guns.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I PErsonally had a XL7 in 270 . Excellent shooter and trigger broke like glass
you will not be disapointed

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I got one before last deer season, carried it with me but chose not to harvest any deer with it. At the range I really enjoyed shooting it. You will be more than satisfied!

·
Registered
805 Posts
My brother bought one in the camo stock just before Bear season he loves it, he did a lot of research on it and for the money you can not find another rifle with the accu-trigger for less money, his shoots great groups with 180 grain reloads.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Really there are no cons. I have 3 of them 270, 30-06 and 243. they are all tack drivers. I was really impressed on the trigger and the accuracy of the rifles. I would compare them to higher $$ guns. I would not compare the bluing to the likes of the older remingtons or rugers. Bolt slides just as well.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I love my XL7. It is in .270 and I can't think of a bad thing to say about it. Nothing but praise!

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the responses everyone, cant wait to get it on target and try some diffrent brands of ammo in it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had one for about six months. It was pretty amazing when you consider the price. It shot around an inch with 180 grains, nothing amazing but pretty good for a budget gun IMO. And as mentioned the trigger is excellent at the price point.

I ended up trading it off towards a T3 Tikka in .243 win, which shoots ~ sub .5 inch groups when I can do my part. If it wasn't for the accuracy, i would regret trading the marlin.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Yo Mike didn't think you hunted chucks to point of needin a chuck gun that's great whole nother can of worms. The Marlins xl's in .224 cal with a nice stock heavy bbl. target or varminter type you'ed be livein large. Every man needs a groundhog gun!!!...later

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
b&ghuntre said:
Yo Mike didn't think you hunted chucks to point of needin a chuck gun that's great whole nother can of worms. The Marlins xl's in .224 cal with a nice stock heavy bbl. target or varminter type you'ed be livein large. Every man needs a groundhog gun!!!...later
Some years I go after the G-hogs pretty hard. Other years I hardly go at all but I always get out for chucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts