The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where the new Remington-Marlin's are made? I thought it was NY someplace. Were there any made in New Haven Conn.? Mine is stamped New Haven, but not sure if it is a Rem. No JM serial # FYI. Bought it recently but I know it was sitting in the shop a couple yrs at least.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If the rifle is shouldered the JM is on the right side were the barrel and receiver meet tiny tiny my 62 yr old eyes have a hard time finding it should be stamped though.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
You probably got the real McCoy cause the ones after the take over have the letters REP stamped on the side of the receiver with the sereial#.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
No it isn,t.It can be very hard to see and is fairly small.Look where the barrel meets the receiver on the left side I believe.They were stamped very shallow,not at the same depth as the name and caliber etc.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
the new marlin rifles from freedom group lack quality control. Just check out the gaps with the stock and the receiver.

·
Super Moderator
7,999 Posts
If from pre-Remlin days, there is a JM on the barrel where it meets the receiver on the left side, and the serial number is on the tang immediately behind the hammer.

A "Remlin" will have the serial number on the left side of the receiver, bottom left corner if you're looking at the left side of the gun.....and an "REP" on the right side of the barrel just forward of the receiver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts