The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up from a friend for $50. less the scope, a few months ago, it needed a screw for the magazine holder clip which was no more than a Marlin scope base screw, fixed in 5 minutes and it's a dang good shooter. Targets shot at 50 yards. Just waiting now for a good day to get after the squirrels.
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Shotgun
Handwriting Motor vehicle Grey Font Automotive exterior
Triangle Font Rectangle Guitar accessory Badge

·
Registered
969 Posts
The CCI mini mags shoot as good as an expensive brand like RWS, Eley. The marlin 880 SQ shoots a tighter group than the high price ammo out of this 22 rifle. Once in awhile I get a flyer, that happens. I have federal, winchester, remington, eley, RWS few other brand ammo. I always pick up the 100 round plastic case CCI mini mag's before I head out the door with 22 in my hands.

Years ago I had a Remington 541T heavy barrel. Beautiful rifle. Shot great, but not any better then the Marlins I had. Growing up hunting with Marlin glenfield 22 rifles. I seen no difference. Sold it year later. Today prices for that 541T gosh wish I hanged onto it, the going price today is 3 times I paid for that rifle in the early 90's.

·
Registered
16,553 Posts
Model 25 was my first gun. 1969 at the old Big Buck gun shop near Harrisville. My mom paid $44, gun & scope, they threw in a free box of shells. Sure wish i still had it, not sure where it went. Thanks Mom.😘

·
Registered
Ravin R9
6,538 Posts
Model 25 was my first gun. 1969 at the old Big Buck gun shop near Harrisville. My mom paid $44, gun & scope, they threw in a free box of shells. Sure wish i still had it, not sure where it went. Thanks Mom.😘
Wish I still had my old one also. Stripped my down to bare wood and clear coated it ( blonde) and made a white spacer out a piece of
linoleum tile. Looked super cool. To this day can't remember why I unloaded it.:mad:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Years ago my uncle had a model 20, it was his dedicated trapping, coon hunting and small game hunting rifle, he gave it to one of my cousins which was all right it was sorely abused with all the use it had. But even when he gave it away it still shot straight and I have some fond memories of shooting and hunting with that rifle.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Years ago my uncle had a model 20, it was his dedicated trapping, coon hunting and small game hunting rifle, he gave it to one of my cousins which was all right it was sorely abused with all the use it had. But even when he gave it away it still shot straight and I have some fond memories of shooting and hunting with that rifle.
I picked this up from a friend for $50. less the scope, a few months ago, it needed a screw for the magazine holder clip which was no more than a Marlin scope base screw, fixed in 5 minutes and it's a dang good shooter. Targets shot at 50 yards. Just waiting now for a good day to get after the squirrels.
View attachment 179559 View attachment 179560 View attachment 179561
Got exact gun when I was about 14yrs old back in the 70’s for Xmas.Would chase groundhogs and squirre.Still own it.Had it out a few years ago and couldn’t get it to group like yours.Not sure if it is cheap tasco scope or the ammo.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Memory lane..

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got exact gun when I was about 14yrs old back in the 70’s for Xmas.Would chase groundhogs and squirre.Still own it.Had it out a few years ago and couldn’t get it to group like yours.Not sure if it is cheap tasco scope or the ammo.
Might be the ammo, try some CCI Mini Mags if ya can find them if they don't group well check your scope mounts if that's all good then I'd change the scope.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts