The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a nice Marlin .45/70 oday with a cheap Tasco scope for $400 today. Appeared to be in very nice shape. If anyone is interested, pm me and I will give you shop name and phone number.

Rex

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the marlin 45/70's are actually model 1895's. they are simliar to the 336's but heavier duty. depending on the type and condition, $400 is a good price.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right you are, never looked at model number on it. Couldn't find any justification to get it so a quick once-over and back on rack.

·
Banned
462 Posts
Wow glad I did not see this deal a week ago, I was going to trade my Model 70 .300 Win Mag for a Marlin 45/70 but held of because I thought my parents may be getting me the 45/70 single shot I have speaking of......glad I waited because they did!!!

That is a KILLER deal for someone, where is the shop located....might as well post info in the thread, I may still make the drive/trade. Although at his price I would be wanting something more on my end......

·
Registered
44 Posts
I picked up one a couple years ago I wanted but didn't need. My other guns pretty much sit in the safe now. Lots of fun with Leverrevolution ammo.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just came home with it today, will see about getting some tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
which model is it, the 1895G or the full length one? almost guarantee it'll shoot good. enjoy and post some pics.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
rflktrman said:
Gun no longer for sale, got it myself.
I was going to buy it but I didn`t think I could get out that far to pick it up
Good grab and congrats on the lead and the gun

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
you will love it. i've had one since they first came out and it has seen a lot of action. i shoot the rem or win 300 grain HP's in mine with good results. the hornady LE does as well. i started off with the 405 SP and wasn't impressed with them for deer. they go straight through the deer with a little hole, through trees, dirt, etc. probably good for bear though. i shot a deer with one and it went right through the deer and into the ground about 18". i dug it out and it only had a slightly flattened tip. the deer ran about 150 yards. the 300 HP's make a bigger exit wound and the deer don't go far, if at all.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I am using the Hornady leverevolution in mine, 325 grn bullet. The deer I killed this year with it showed incredible results. It took off the top of the heart, I pulled it out of the chest cavity with no effort and the biggest pieces of the lungs were the size of a small orange.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am planning on trying the Hornady's when I get a chance. Kind of housebound now, got shingles from my left palm to my shoulder.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts