The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
There is a "right" way of doing it, and a "cheap" way of doing it.

The right way involves using components from a different model gun which I don't know what one.

The cheap way is the way I did it. My grandfather had a bunch of trigger springs in a can, and I found a lighter one. Next I filed the trigger and sear. It took my awhile as I took away a tiny bit at a time and tested it. The most important thing to remember if you go this route is to be carefull to keep the proper angle on both parts. Don't get things rounded off or you will be buying new parts.

I also made sure my gun was safe. I worked it real hard to make sure it wouldn't fire.

Lastly you could take it to a gunsmith to have the trigger worked on.

either way you will be much happier with a lighter trigger pull. My gun shoots great now that the trigger is lighter. It used to pull so hard it would cause you to pull off target.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
tgun43 said:
Does anyone have a tip on how to reduce the trigger pull on a marlin 22 WMR? (model 882L)
Yes,its called "Rifle Basix"! Till you get done installing a Bic pen or some other spring, shimming and honing trying to get the sear engagement right you can install a RB, adjust it and have a good trigger or at least one 10 times better than the factory unit. Just make sure you order the right one, your 882 should use the MAR-1.

Rifle Basix - Marlin Triggers

Bill

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
hunt/fish365 said:
Didn't even realize there was any aftermarket triggers for a Marlin rifle. But YIKES! 85 bucks.
Buy a few Jewell's and 85 will seem cheap!

Bill

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the tips fellas. I was shooting it yesterday for the first time and I noticed that it had a country-mile of trigger pull that went through two phases.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts