The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone watch it? what an unbelievable weekend of wrestling. Going from a great state tourney into the ncaa's what a month of wrestling. it continues for me my son is heading to Virginia beach to wrestle in the nhsca nationals. march is for the wrestling mat not the hardwood IMHO.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
We had the team title wrapped up before the finals.....and then went 5 for 5 in the finals. Can't beat that with a stick.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Nolf, Retherford, and Nickal alone would have placed 5th in the team championship. If you take the 5 Nat. Champs add their points up, they place 1st in the team race. In the dual battle of just PSU vs. the Nations All-Stars, PSU won 21.5-15 and 15 is the most points scored against PSU all year. Pretty incredible stuff. Seeing IMAR counting lights was just the icing on the cake for me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It was a fantastic final to watch. They held the 5 PSU wrestle's matches to the end so I was forced to stay up awake later then normal. It was well worth it with the 5 wins.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Nolf, Retherford, and Nickal alone would have placed 5th in the team championship. If you take the 5 Nat. Champs add their points up, they place 1st in the team race. In the dual battle of just PSU vs. the Nations All-Stars, PSU won 21.5-15 and 15 is the most points scored against PSU all year. Pretty incredible stuff. Seeing IMAR counting lights was just the icing on the cake for me.
Another cool thing about the scores was that just the bonus points alone earned by PSU were more than if they had an additional champion. If I'm not mistaken, they had the highest score ever in a national championship tournament. Ohio State had more in 2nd place than many of the past winning teams had. It was an impressive run this year and I honestly didn't think PSU had a chance to win until after Mark Hall left his redshirt behind. They are going doing much of the same over the next 2 years minimum.

Iowa is going to really challenge them in the next few years as well although they are always tough.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
The 1986 Iowa team scored 158. With a healthy Suriano and anyone at 133 PSU passes that easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts