The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marcellus Shale natural gas production is rising even faster this year than energy experts had predicted, and that’s having a national impact on energy.

Bentek, a Colorado company that analyzes energy trends, said that 2013 production in Pennsylvania and West Virginia is up about 50 percent compared to last year. Figures for the pipelines that take gas out of the Marcellus show that in the first six months of the year Pennsylvania produced about 1.5 trillion cubic feet of gas, with projections for a year-end total of about 3.2 trillion cubic feet.

That yearly number translates into the equivalent of about 550 million barrels of oil...........

Marcellus gas is “actually starting to displace” production from the Gulf of Mexico in places, Oswald said. .............

Now, Marcellus gas is supplying the Pennsylvania and Northeast markets, and it’s grown to be the nation’s most productive gas field. Bentek expects that a surplus will soon start flowing out to the south and Midwest......

In 2011 and 2012 there was a highly publicized debate over the potential of the Marcellus Shale, with some contending that the industry had exaggerated the numbers. But the actual production figures have mostly put that debate to rest...........

http://www.ohio.com/news/marcellus-shale...rginia-1.421264

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I do know they are currently fracking quite a few wells in SW westmoreland co. right now. Every morning and afternoon I pass about 2 dozen tanker trucks driving in their usual 3-4 truck convoys going to/from the various wells and water draw sites. I think they are pulling quite a bit of water out of the Yough right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts