The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how soon will it be time for people to start making syrup and where can you get equipment to make small batches , I know you can get some at local stores to boil it but as far as the spikes and buckets, thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
It's on NOW.

A buddy of mine taps on my property. He has one section of tubing with 19 taps on it that was running 3gph yesterday !!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's happening now here in NW PA, there's many dealers that sell equipment check out local to you first.
I have bought off of https://www.bascommaple.com/ with no complaints.
Watch some videos about how to do it and have at it, you can use gallon jugs from water to collect sap in.
You will need 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Almost over here. This will be the last week. Boss has made over 7,000 gallons so far...

·
Registered
460 Posts
I burned my first batch. It would have been about 1/2 gallon. I have the second round on the stove now. It will be around a half gallon or less.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
The guy who's running taps on my place is still getting a good run. Not quite the quality as earlier. But still good enough.

·
Administrator
28,217 Posts
Sugaring is big up here in the Adirondacks. We're just coming off two weeks of festivals, pancake breakfasts, and producers having open houses all over the county.
We're fortunate up here this year, the weather has been very kind to us and that has just about doubled the length of the season.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts