The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,941 Posts
I bet the insurance companies are dropping birth control from the PGC's black helicopters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,229 Posts
When you have predators becoming more prevalent in a state you will see more fawnless does..We got bears,coyotes and bobcats after them...I have hunted other states with alot of predators and you seldom see a fawn.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,979 Posts
What do predators have to do with doe being bred? What a load of nonsense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
John S said:
What do predators have to do with doe being bred?
Maybe the buck suffer from ED because of the stress???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,721 Posts
I,ve been gonna post a thread myself that I too have noticed that the deer this spring look frail from the long rough winter.They are out real heavy grazin all hours of the day tryin to build themselves back up.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,546 Posts
burk313 said:
When you have predators becoming more prevalent in a state you will see more fawnless does..We got bears,coyotes and bobcats after them...I have hunted other states with alot of predators and you seldom see a fawn.
So the predators are now eating the fawns out of the does before they are born? Please explain just how this is occurring.

Dick Bodenhorn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
R. S. B. said:
burk313 said:
When you have predators becoming more prevalent in a state you will see more fawnless does..We got bears,coyotes and bobcats after them...I have hunted other states with alot of predators and you seldom see a fawn.
So the predators are now eating the fawns out of the does before they are born? Please explain just how this is occurring.

Dick Bodenhorn
yep, they have mutated into a species that lives on fetuses . they had to evolve into this as their is no deer left to kill
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,142 Posts
I live in a semi-rural area that has a pretty decent amount of deer and I seldom see a fawn.

Sometimes I see some fawns in late summer. I bet in over 30,000 trail-cam pics I've got maybe a dozen with small fawns. But then there always seems to be an ample amount of those first-year deer wandering around come archery season.

Somehow they manage to stay hidden. Uncanny how they do that.

Probably to avoid the mountain lions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bet it is all that Roundup, made them sterile. Never though of that. May even be the reason for the lack of fish also after it gets washed into streams.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,779 Posts
Alpine Shooter said:
Bet it is all that Roundup, made them sterile. Never though of that. May even be the reason for the lack of fish also after it gets washed into streams.
you say this in jest or forreals ?
 
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Top