The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas to decorate my man cave...was wondering if you guys had some ideas for what I could do with my sheds I found over the past years...don't have a ton, but enough...any pics would be great, and it doesn't just have to be pics of sheds...any neat ideas for a hunting themed "man cave"

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Chandilier, base for latern, coat or hat rack, muzzleoader rack and the possiblities go on and on. Check out cabelas home furnishings catalog or online for more ideas too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have cabinets with doors or drawers, use smaller ones for pulls. Use them so the curved part is away from the drawer or door and screw them with 2 screws.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I have a ranch style home and this is my entrance to my mancave!

One of the problems I was having with designing mine was the duct work for my central air and oil hot air system. This is how I got around that.

At the far right of the above picture you can see how it is even with the drop ceiling. I was actually quit pleased with how it came out!

Good luck with yours and post some pics when your done! Sorry for the pic overload!

·
Registered
18 Posts
big28hunter,
That is beyond nice.I showed this to my wife and she wants to know '' how do you drag out a bison?''
Good work on the duct work covers!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just cant cut up or drill holes in any antlers that I find, big or small.I think they look great as they are.

Maybe make some shelves or some other ways to display them.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Big 28 hunter I love your man cave. I would love to do my basement like that but money is tight. We just built our home about 3 1/2 years ago so it will be awhile before I can do something like that. I thought I was a hunting machine but I see you have me beat. I like the way it is decorated. It is not overkill and my wife would not have a problem with the way you did your man cave. Thanks for sharing such nice pictures!

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
Big 28, first things first , you cant overload on pictures on this website, I would like to have your tax. bill and I would build a new house.......WOW....

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Here are some shelves that I made with some sheds that I had.......I have made several sets of these.....they are super easy to make, and they look pretty sweet.....

I have also used tines, and antlers as hooks on coat trees, and coat racks.......

I cant really help on the mancave thing as my entire house is basically decorated in the style of what some people would call mancave........the wife likes the stuff as much as I do, so I guess I lucked out there.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Big28hunter,
That is by far the coolest "Man Cave" I have ever seen....Thanks for sharing those pictures and congrats on a basement full of beautiful trophies....I just live the organization andbeverything about it pretty much.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Appreciate the kind comments guys! Thank you! It took me 18 years to get it done. Went through the big "D" shortly after the house was built. Which is why it took so long. Also raising three girls by myself was my number one priority! One mistake I made was putting drywall on the one side and T1-11 on the other. I like the T-1-11 much better!

Woodchucker tell her with a wench and a big truck!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys...I am doing my flooring right now and will be doing the trim next along with framing in a small bar...the drop ceiling will be the last major project...I like the idea of building a shelf with the antlers...thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts