The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever tried maybe that rubberized undercoating sprayed on it to help keep the noise down or what do you use thanks

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
probably tried everything . Did the undercoating, comes off, really didn't help. Wrapped just about everything in camo duct tape, it helped quite a bit. Take great stuff expandable foam and fill in all hollow areas in the stand., make sure you don't fill in the space where your cables go in! On my summit, I put the comfort mat on the floor, it's quieter than having your feet on the metal, more comfortable, and will actually keep your feet a little warmer than having then resting on the cold metal.other than that, make sure everything is tight , and and moving parts like my footrest I oil with vegetable oil.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Get a Lone Wolf... Kidding... I hate people that give those types of answers. Cabelas has a neoprene camo tape for stands. It's called "silent system treestand tape". Maybe that would work.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys after tring it out it really dosent sound as bad as i though it would

1 - 7 of 7 Posts