The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to get back up to to the family hunting land in Bedford County yesterday. I took my first deer with a muzzleloader since '02 on Tuesday.(SEE THIS POST)

I saw a decent number of deer yesterday evening and this morning including probably a 120 class 8 point which came off the ridge from the adjacent State Game Lands and a nice flock of turkeys from the same area. Had a flock of 8 gobblers come from the State Game Lands this afternoon into our food plot. Which is where I connected up with this doe. Our food plot is my favorite mid season spot. The does can't stay out of it with all the tasty greens, especially with there being a shortage of acorns in our area this year...

A 50 yard shot with the new Savage 10ML II. She ran 25 yards, did a circle and dropped. Glad I was able to take her and the other doe out of the herd early. You figure there are 6 weeks til firearms season opens and deer at 6-8 pound of food a day. That's a lot of food that isn't going to waste that the remaining deer can eat. Plus, with two less does running around the bucks will be competing that much more for the remaining ones!

·
Registered
231 Posts
What part of Bedford are you hunting? I own property around Chaneysville. I was there last weekend and shot a nice doe with my muzzleloader.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts