The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I shipped a progressive reloding press back to Hornady. It had never worked right since I got it (it's at least 20 years old and I bought it second-handed........which I told them at Hornady). I asked them to see if it was worth reconditioning/rebuilding.

I heard nothing of it for around 3 weeks. Then the UPS truck shows up with it earlier this week. All refurbished and shipped back to me with a list of all replaced parts......... FREE OF CHARGE !!!!! No bill, even for the freight on a 30 lb. press sent from Nebraska to Pennsylvania. Nada. Zip. Nothing.

I called them to see if there wasn't a bill coming?? Nope. Have a nice day.

Major kudos to Hornady for unreal customer service !!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
Hornady and RCBS will both fix stuff even if you tell them you broke it.Above and beyond what they should do.They know you will buy Hornady dies and bullets now.You pay upfront for good service and quality though.It's worth it to me.RCBS sent me a new decapping rod and extra pins.I bent the rod and broke a pin.It was all my fault and I stated that point blank.I was willing to pay and they said no it's our fault.Both companies should be rewarded for such great service.I love Hornady bullets.The company hooked you up.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I've said this to a fair amount of people(usually when they're dealing with lackluster customer service somewhere)....the customer service in the entire hunting(and related) industry is second to none. Be that guns, ammo, reloading, safes, clothing, etc. There's bad apples in every bunch of course, but compared to any other industry the customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hornady is a first class operation. It is still family run. And the name means something to them. I am not at all suprised that they did that for you. It is the norm for them, not the exception. I worked with them for years, and I was always treated First Class. Tom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts