The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for outfitters for a bear hunt for me and my dad in either maine or canada. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
How much money do you want to spend? There are good bear hunts and there are cheap bear hunts, but very few good and cheap ones. I have been on several hunts in Canada where I saw lots of bears and on a few where I did not. Most of the Canada provinces and Maine allow hunting over bait. British Columbia is spot and stalk only. IMO, the absolute best bear hunting in North America is in British Columbia.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I know Foggy Mountain Guide service has Bear camps in Maine and Ontario. May be a good place to start looking?

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
muttleysgone said:
IMO, the absolute best bear hunting in North America is in British Columbia.
Amen George...I started my "hunting trip career" with a Maine bait hunt and there were several things that turned me off to it: There are bugs, even in September...You only hunt during the last hours of the day..You don't always see a bear in a week of hunting, and if you do, you are almost obligated to take it, regardless of size......

After a hunt such as this, I swore that my next bear hunt would be different, so I booked a black bear hunt in BC where the method of hunting is "spot & stalk"...What appeals about this type of hunt, is that the action lasts all day long, and that you will have a multitude of animals to choose from, enabling you to pass on 150 lb. youngsters..Unlike Maine, the woods of British Columbia are LOADED with game of all types, plus the fact that you will be hunting in what is probably the most striking and picturesque scenery in all of North America..If you are truly serious about harvesting a trophy black, you owe it to yourself to do this type of hunt at least once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts