The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to get a moose tag in Maine? I understand there is a points system,can anyone share how many points are needed to draw a tag? thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're better off taking the money you figure you would spend in 15-20 years that it may take to draw (or longer probably) and bid on the sealed bids tags they have every year. Its such a long shot its hardly worth it. You can go to ontario relatively cheap and kill a good bull. Sorry to be a kill joy. Sure somebodys gotta draw and knows a guy who drew or a brothers sisters uncles cousin drew 5 years ago first time....

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Maines a nice vacation. The only deer I ever saw there were dead. There is alot easier moose hunting, MHO.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
maine is not a preference point state. each year you apply and do not draw a tag you get another chance in the draw. plus you can buy as many chances in the draw as you have money for. good luck someone has to draw.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
You never know until you apply, took me 16 years and it was well worth the wait!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
It's just as hard for residents. I know a few guys who live up there and they have been applying their whole lives and still haven't drawn a tag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts