The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Have my fingers crossed once again. If I don't get drawn it is a quick trip to the vacation calender at work to see what days are still open for the rest of the year.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
No, you can't apply anymore. I didn't apply this year. Three of them is enough for now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Been putting in for 10 years in Maine and New Hampshire. Maybe some day I'll draw.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hoping my boy draws this year. I would love to go back up again this year. I was lucky enough to draw last year, so I won't be applying for myself for the next couple years.

Craig

·
Registered
419 Posts
milbry18 said:
Craig how did you make out last year?

I shot a 30" bull the second morning of my hunt. Spent the rest of my time in Maine chasing partridge. If you search my older posts, I posted some pics of my bull.

Craig

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Well, just to get you guys fired up, I'll repost the pic of the 900 lb, 54" bull one of my Lieutenants shot 2 years ago in Maine!! He is a maine native, and shot it with a 35 Whelen Improved he had custom built.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If you finally get drawn for a out of state maine tag, what are you chances of harvesting a moose?

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Very,very good. I never hunted Maine but have hunted northern NH and it was really kind of a joke. I shot my moose the first morning and the next couple days I kept going back to my spot just for the fun of it. I saw over twenty moose in four mornings. One really made me sick as it was over 60" wide. I have that on videotape. I shot the first moose I saw and he was a one horner but he dressed out at 875 lbs. and was one of the largest bulls shot that year in NH. He proved to be 9 1/2 years old.

I prefer hunting moose in VT as it's far more challenging and I've taken two there now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I prob get drawn this year because i have an elk hunt this fall and it would be tough to do both.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Doe said:
I prob get drawn this year because i have an elk hunt this fall and it would be tough to do both.
don't count on it......I've been putting in for 20+yrs and schedule a few hunts every fall....it hasn't worked for me yet.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Good Luck to everyone tomorrow!!! If I didn't have bad luck

GOOD LUCK to all tomorrow!!!! If I didn't have Bad Luck I'ed have no LUCK at all, but I'll keep tryin one of those New England State's might one day let me hunt their Moose...later

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Not holding my breath but I'll be checking!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts