The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it’s a huge challenge plus low deer numbers but can any body recommend a good deer hunting outfitter in Maine ?

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
You could probably DIY pretty easy in Maine. Most of the northern part of the state is timber company property that is open to hunting. Been a while since I hare hunted up there, but I saw more moose and moose sign than I did deer or deer sign Pretty country though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You could probably DIY pretty easy in Maine. Most of the northern part of the state is timber company property that is open to hunting. Been a while since I hare hunted up there, but I saw more moose and moose sign than I did deer or deer sign Pretty country though.
Spot only, went to northern Maine about 25 yrs ago on a hunt. Great time, more moose than deer. If you go try to get hooked up with a local guide, if you really hope to see a deer, maybe.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Randy Flannery, Wilderness Escape Outfitters. Friend of mine. Been there many times for deer and bear. He's written some articles for Field & Stream and Deer Hunting mags you might be able to search or I think there may be links on their facebook page. Considering going back up this year, but not sure yet. Taking a deer up there is tough as you said, a guide can help you zero in on some areas to concentrate on. Due to the amount of land to hunt finding the pockets of deer activity is half the problem without some direction so you're not spending so much time in deerless woods.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Research Big Booms Northern Adventures (Crooked Tree Lodge) they have access to a lot acreage in the north woods. Went on bear hunt with them last year and they mentioned they had deer hunters coming in. Like everyone else, I saw mostly signs of moose. Did see a few deer while we where there. Provision's are great and they work hard at hunts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts