The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to book a fall bear hunt. 5-6 of us planning on going. Never hunted Maine before. There are a pile of outfitters listed online. Looking for recommendations and past experiences from fellow HPA'rs. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Turnpike Ridge Outfitters with Don Helstrom.

Experienced Maine Bear Guide Owner and Master Guide, Don Helstrom has dedicated his life to providing quality black bear hunts to thousands of clients throughout North America. Don's 50 years of black bear guide experience, and his seasoned staff, work countless hours in preparation to provide you with a black bear or moose hunting experience of a lifetime.

Three I've taken with Don. Best of luck in your search and booking. Good huntin'

·
Registered
968 Posts
crooked tree lodge. I can't speak for their bait hunts but 3 of us did a hound hunt with them 2yrs ago. I am looking forward to going back. they are 100 percent for the last 13yrs

·
Registered
299 Posts
Foggy Mountain Outfitters. I did a hunt there and took 4 Customers with me. what a great time, Weather did not cooperate with us and had to cut trip short by 3 days due to work. But Wayne puts on a top notch program..

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Talk with Randy Flannery at Wilderness Escape Outfitters. Been there several times for bear, going for deer this year and probably for bear again next year. I've only taken one with him but saw bear every trip.

·
Registered
219 Posts
eastern ridge advetures only been there once and seen lots of bear my buddy has been there two times and got two bear both over 300#

·
Registered
200 Posts
I second Troy from Mid-Maine outfitters. Hunted with them the last two years. Would be back for a third year but daughters school schedule ruined that.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Stony Brook Outfitters. Went there for a dog Hunt. First day, first hour, two Bear treed and shot. All his bait Hunters got Bear also. Great people and great food. Bob has top notch dogs and excellent Bait areas. You won't be disappointed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts