The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I used them for the 2008 season, shot one doe with them. blood trail was sorta hard to follow, but the shot was high and she ran into a corn field. So she bleed internally more than externally, only went about 80 yards, I knew she dropped from the stand, just had a little bit of trouble finding her. They shot well for me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe, you're ruining my thread. You always make a mockery outta my threads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey TimBob....we are all on the same page just trying to figure out the best equipment. Look at this as a team reconasance effort. You don't need to be so sensitive.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I have been using Magnus Stingers for the last couple years and I dont think I will ever use anything else. Quick kills, great blood trail and a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I like the magnus stingers, but outside of 20 yards they plane pretty bad. Deadly when they are in a lil closer though....even had a pass through at 22 yards with a 55lb recurve.......as for grim reapers..HATE them...cheaply made and once you shoot at something they are doomed and unusable ever again

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I never had my Stingers plane past 20. My inserts are level and the blades are lined up with the vanes. I am not doubting you though, with a blade surface like that it might be expected.

·
Registered
20,873 Posts
passnthru said:
I like the magnus stingers, but outside of 20 yards they plane pretty bad. Deadly when they are in a lil closer though....even had a pass through at 22 yards with a 55lb recurve.......as for grim reapers..HATE them...cheaply made and once you shoot at something they are doomed and unusable ever again
If a BH shoots good at close range when it's going at it's top speed,there's no reason for it to start planing when it slows down significantly.I'm not doubting what you say but the broadhead isn't the issue in your case.

·
Registered
850 Posts
i have been using the for ten years.i used them with compounds,recurves,longbows,never had a problem.i tried there warranty once and received 3 new heads and a hat.the head killed a deer and hit a rock,i was not expecting much for the warranty.but was suprised when the package arrived.as long as they keep making i will keep using them.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Best broadheads in the world! I've been archery hunting for over 30 years and shot everything under the sun (broadheads & bows) I'll never shoot anything but Stingers for as long as they make them. The 2 blades won't give you a good blood trail. The 4 blades are devastating. As long as they spin well, they will fly like field points out to 30 yards (that's as far as I shoot) I'm now shooting them out of a crossbow with no problems. My past six bucks have fell within sight.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have been using them for a couple years now with great success. I started using them after a friend went to bow hunt Africa and they were the broadhead that his outfitter suggested as they stood up and penetrated better on the tougher African game hides. He had great success there and then again on an elk hunt we went on. Neither I nor him have had any planing issues and have been by far the best shooting and accurate fixed blade heads I have ever shot. I don't plan on changing anytime soon. I have even shot my practice heads through t-11 siding and steel 50 gallon drums and didn't bend blades and they still shot straight and true after.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts