The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
there was ,not sure if still is, add on magnifiers for certain tubular red dots. nothing for the reflex style except maybe the eotech. Some trijicon rifle types may have something. would kinda defeat the purpose of a dot, fast target acquisition. A scope would fulfill the distance spotting. many that shoot tactical type rifle competition may have multiple sights on the same gun.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I am looking at actually swings out of the way when not in use. Never had one, just looking for pros and cons.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This VMX3T is great! Super clear, but the only drawback which is not really bugging me. It does make the dot slightly larger. I ranged a few areas and at 150 yards it does bring in objects a lot clearer. The screw in magnifier is a pain to use, this just flips out of the way when not needed. Best $70 dollars I have spent on optics, I had coupons and gift cards.

Looks like Photobucket went to a PAID system. Screw them, trying out ImageShack.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/7403/F8kL2m.jpg

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Nice setup. Looks like you've got the generation two strikefire, with the angled mount. Mine is a first gen with the straight up mount. I have nothing but good things to say about my strikefire. Holds zero, dot is crisp at all intensity levels. I like the green or red option. I prefer the green. I can ring the steel chicken sized targets at 200 meters, at zero magnification all day long with this thing. I could do without the night vision setting. Good way to kill a battery if you forget to turn it off and the night vision option is clicked on by mistake.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have the first version Strikefire. I just could not pass up this at Cabela's Bargin Cave, $115 for the sight, and $15 for the mount, both looked brand new and not a scratch. The SFII is much clearer and the dot is really sharp. But yeah I killed one battery because of that night vision setting. But that magnifier is really clear and no distortion what so ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts