The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I purchased mine last June and from time to time, I re-read the divorce decree just to make sure it's real. On rare occasions I have nightmares that the divorce did not happen. I wake up screaming and need a shot of Old Grandad to calm down.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Q:Why do divorces cost so much?
A: Because it's worth it.

Her lawyer actually ended up giving me a better deal than mine was trying for, lol. Guys, if any of you ever have to go through this, make your lawyer your best friend.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Ugh...My lawyer was a wimp, and I am paying for it. This is NOT the time to be a nice guy. I was, and it cost me. I can hold my head high, and know I was honorable and more than fair, but I got hosed due to poor counsel.

Get the meanest, nastiest lawyer you can find. If you don't, she will.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
You know the saying...Marriage is Grand and Divorce is 100 Grand!

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Man, you guys are lucky!! 18 1/2 years here and would to get a divorce, but I have an Autistic 12 year old son and gonna suffer it out for 5 years 3 months more until he is 18. I love my son and would take a bullet for him, my wife, that would be 50/50 as of right now. The lawyer advice is good advice for sure.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Congrats on finalizing things and it does pay to have a rulthless lawyer.
Went through that ordeal almost 10 years ago.
It was probably one of the best things that ever happened to me but at the same time really showed me the ugly side of human nature.
I was about ready to puke when we all had to get together to go over things and it was also the last day I ever saw her. Not that I am complaining.

I would not wish that experience on anyone.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My lawyer had a philosophy like mine. Have as much ammo as you can, but you don't necessarily have to fire it. A cheap lawyer is far more expensive than a pricey one.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does show the worst of people. I wasn't innocent either.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Correct Quote:

"Marriage is like a deck of cards, in the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond.............

By the end you'll just wish you had a ******* club and a spade.."

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
steelhead125 said:
it does pay to have a rulthless lawyer.
Man, I wish I had taken that advice. I got a guy that was known for compromise because I am a reasonable man, and he let them roll over us. I finally fired him, and finished the negotiation on my own. I recovered a lot, but started from a weak position.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Danesdad said:
No wonder lawyers are rich.
Like I said, a good one always will cost less than a cheap one. The important thing is to find one you have chemistry with, because this is the person who, for all intents and purposes, will be fighting for your life.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
bearhollow said:
Correct Quote:

"Marriage is like a deck of cards, in the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond.............

By the end you'll just wish you had a ******* club and a spade.."
love it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts