The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a morning of pushing for dad and friends yesterday, that turned up more legal bucks than doe, I went out to Rostraver and let the 300. mag bark on a doe about two hundred and fifty yards. Spent the evening vacuum sealing ground meat with the missus. MMMMmmmmmm

·
4,289 Posts
Rostraver is my neck of the woods, there are a couple of places you can let the rifle loose.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
bloodhound said:
Deuce280 said:
Congrats! Thats the dream.... to find a place in 2B where ya can use a rifle!
You would know if you called me...
Sorry bloodhound.... things have got crazy around here lately. Hardly had time to catch my breath! Just send me a PM, thats the best way to get ahold of me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I killed this particular doe in Rostraver actually. Good bit of shooting behind me on the adjoining property that evening as well. There are ALOT of deer out there, people just dont hunt them hard anymore I guess. We usually do pretty well on this property.

·
4,289 Posts
No, Rostraver/Belle Vernon is Westmoreland County it is down 51.

There are a bunch of deer here but it is hard to find access. I used to hunt some private property that I can literally see from my office but can't get on anymore. Farmers around here still raise a good bit of crops so generally they are all about removing as many deer as possible so they just about anyone hunt. Which leads to a lot of guys on a parcel.

Beleive me, I am trying. Living/Working in BV but the property I generally hunt being in Greene Cty doesn't make after works hunts always possible. I search every year for a new property near by because I am tired of only getting Saturdays (Generally) to hunt.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
My mom lives on 55 acres in Rostraver twp. Right before the 4-way stop sign on 201 heading up to BVA high school. I 've seen some nice bucks running that area.

·
4,289 Posts
If you are talking about who I think you are, my mom used to work with your mom!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I work for Rostraver Twp. I also hunt in the TWp alot. As a matter of fact I just set some traps today on a new property. Theres actually alot of pressure in Rostraver and nice bucks too.

·
4,289 Posts
There are some places to hunt around me but it becomes harder and harder (like most places I am sure) to get permission.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts