The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our season rifle season ended Saturday & our late season muzzle loader/archery doesn't come back into December 26. So I went to check my trail cam to see what bucks are still alive for next year. Well somebody stole my Bushnell Trophy cam from behind my house between the 2 railroad beds. It was lagged to the tree in a bear box & had a python cable on it. They had to see it & come back with tools to get it off the tree. It had to be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. There are no tracks in the snow from Thursday when it snowed. The only bad thing about the Trophy Cam is that it is not password protected like a lot of other Cams. So now someone can us it. With the other cams as long as u registered it & it's stolen, they would have to send it back to the company to get the password erased to work & then if u called them to report it stolen they would have it on record in case it was sent back for this.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Sorry to hear that.I have had 3 tree stands stolen before.I wonder what thieves think when the goods they steal are stolen from them.If you don't own the property between the railroad beds maybe the person who does took it.I know I wouldn't be happy if someone put lag bolts in one of my trees.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Wrong on so many levels. Spypoint Tiny-W catches them in the act. No pictures on the camera. You hide the memory part of the camera and the camera sends the signal to the memory part of the system. Thieves get thier picture taken if they try to steal your camera. Great system.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Spypoint Tiny-W looks great, but at $270.00 a tad high for the average guy. Havent had mine taken yet (6 to 7 out most months) and praying it stays that way. Moved mine again after low photo count and forgot I had moved one in particular and had a little "oh dang" moments, thinking it was gone. Only thing gone was some valuable brain cells from many years ago.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Leaving anything in the woods when the orange army is afoot is asking for it to be stolen. Just to much traffic in the woods. Even on private posted ground. Mine went back up Sunday.

·
Registered
20,869 Posts
arrowhead said:
Wrong on so many levels. Spypoint Tiny-W catches them in the act. No pictures on the camera. You hide the memory part of the camera and the camera sends the signal to the memory part of the system. Thieves get thier picture taken if they try to steal your camera. Great system.
Please explain in more detail how this works.Does it work with any camera?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts