The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to get some imput on this bow and how it compares to other mattew bows.I havent archery hunted for years.It like starting all over again.Any advise is welcome.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I bought one, and am completely happy with it. I shot many 2010 bows, and the Z7 was the best shooter of them all.

My set up:
Mathews Z7 28/70 camo
QAD Pro Rest
Fuse Enduro stab.
HHA OL-5019 sight
Shooting 5575 Goldtip XT hunters
2" Blasers
100gr Slick tricks or 100gr Grim Reapers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.Like i said im new to this again and i know so many things have gotten better.Not sure whats good or bad.Thanks again.

·
Banned
462 Posts
Congrats on a sweet win!!! Im guessing it was in a raffle?

Best thing to do is get to a GOOD pro shop, not just the closest one but a GOOD one and have the bow professionaly setup for you. Second take all equipment suggestions with a grain of salt, everyone is guilty of being biased in one way or another and hey thats fine, but whats best for me or joe or larry or moe may be horrible for you and dependent on what your desires and needs are you may not need to drop near the coin others do or will suggest. Third try everything and see everything for yourself before you purchase, that way like I said above its best for you!!!! Fourth and most important have fun and practice!!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I haven't shot a Z7 yet but based on what I have seen, read, heard, it is one of the best hunting bows Mathews has put out. Many positive reviews on that bow. Congrats on the winfall and enjoy it. The other good thing with that bow is there is a pretty high demand for them right now so if it doesn't work out for you you can sell or trade it for something else and come out pretty good on the deal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Pa you are right what works for one doesnt work for all.So many new and improved accessories since i archery hunted.I won the bow at our local N.W.T.F banquet. Thanks again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to Sendero. Ive been reading all the comments on here. Just trying to get a feel for the bow and like I said its been a long time since I shot one of these things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts