The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Great place to camp the scenery is worth the trip alone. As far as quiet... depends on how many other people are camping there as well.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I love Lyman Run SP. Fantastic place to stay. You may not have TOTAL peace and quiet, but unless it is a major holiday weekend, it won't be bad. At the campground near the office, there is an ATV access. Wanting quiet, I would recommend the campground right above the beach and get up in as far as you can. If you stay close to the entrance, you'll get some vehicle traffic passing you from other campers. There is water. electric and flush toilets/showers there.
The swimming area has a food concession and of course fishing in the lake. Also, above the lake Lyman Run is one of those brook trout enhancement areas.
Cherry Springs is right down the road and sometimes they have star gazing programs there on certain weekends.
One of our favorite things to do there is to look for bears. Very rarely are we disappointed.
You will love it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have a camp minutes away from the park and my family spends a lot of our time there.Like said before memorial day weekend and july 4th are your busiest but Galeton puts on one of the best fireworks I've seen.Cherry springs has the darkest skies east of the Mississippi and the star program they put on there is awesome its only 15 mins away.Pa lumber museum is nearby. Any questions or if I could be of any help let me know its a awesome place.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
A few others close by to check out . Primitive camping at Prouty Place and of course Cherry Springs .Enjoy the trip .

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
At Lyman you have 2 campgrounds, one at the lake (Daggett campground) is the busiest especially with the quad trail going right by it. The other one Lyman campground, is down the road a bit and is much quieter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there some sort a military museum on route 6 not far from Galeton? I visited the grand canyon years ago and i think thats where I saw it. My son would think the tanks etc are pretty cool

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Lumber Museum right across from Ski Denton, does have some old CCC stuff in it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a good time. Nice place, very quiet and friendly staff. We stayed in Daggett run on the walk in site. i chose daggett because it was easier for the kids to get to the beach. We saw a large bear, it appeared to be missing an ear, the resident eagle and osprey

1 - 16 of 16 Posts