The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned that LYMAN muzzleloaders (all of them) that were manufactured in 2017 and possibly before have defective breech plugs which could come apart upon firing. Do NOT shoot before contacting them.

The serial numbers involved are A595960 thru A599026 inclusive. Lyman is having a voluntary recall on this, and my GPR was smack in the middle of the affected guns.

The customer servive number is 1-800-225-9626

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
I just learned that LYMAN muzzleloaders (all of them) that were manufactured in 2017 and possibly before have defective breech plugs which could come apart upon firing. Do NOT shoot before contacting them.

The serial numbers involved are A595960 thru A599026 inclusive. Lyman is having a voluntary recall on this, and my GPR was smack in the middle of the affected guns.

The customer servive number is 1-800-225-9626

If my gazinta's are on, that's only 3066 guns ?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I'm glad you finally got wind of this Flintlock hunter. We had a thread about it many months ago. I had to send in some barrels last summer. Got the new ones back long before last hunting season.

Edited to add I just checked your join date. You were not with us when all this broke. We had our new barrels long before you joined the forum.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad you finally got wind of this Flintlock hunter. We had a thread about it many months ago. I had to send in some barrels last summer. Got the new ones back long before last hunting season.

Edited to add I just checked your join date. You were not with us when all this broke. We had our new barrels long before you joined the forum.
Thanks Dave, I would rather be late and look a bit foolish than have another member get hurt.

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
So, am I correct in the count of affected guns ? Reason I ask, I have 2 deerstalkers and 1 GPR that fit the "before 2017" category.

If the SN count you listed is incorrect, I will contact Lyman as I would be concerned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts