The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the past I have moored my canoe at other lakes. This is the first year I did so at Lyman Lake. I wasn't told the cost until all paper work was completed and they gave me the total of $107 or something like that. I was shocked but rolled with it. I entered the date to have it removed by in my phone calendar so I would not forget. Dec 1. I would get it while at buck camp. Well at buck camp it was gone. I figured it was stolen and got busy with work and it slipped my mind. I mentioned to my wife this past weekend that I needed to report it and look into it. She said while I was at camp I got a letter from Lyman Lake. I found it and opened it. It stated I had to have it out by 11/08. They have removed and stored it. To date my fines are $340. Add my original cost of $107 and I am $447 into a $150 canoe?? And it is costing me $7.50 a day for every day I do not come get it. I called and nobody answered. I haven't received a return call yet. I have spent hours scouring the web for these fines and cost and cannot locate them anywhere. There website does not have a removal date that I can see. I want to do the right thing but feel like telling them to keep it is the most economical thing at this point. Any one ever hear of such a thing? I am willing to own my part but this seams excessive.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called that number. They stated they have nothing to do with that. They gave me another number to call. I called that and got a congratulations press 1 to see what you have won. uughh. Getting annoying fast. lol

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Called that number. They stated they have nothing to do with that. They gave me another number to call. I called that and got a congratulations press 1 to see what you have won. uughh. Getting annoying fast. lol
Chester,You should have pressed 1 , maybe you would have won a canoe..lol...all kidding aside though, that sucks for sure....

·
Registered
9,931 Posts
Talked to my buddy who was a higher up in DCNR. He said that more than likely a vendor would have been used to remove abandoned equipment. He suggested calling the State Park and they hopefully can give you a contact to whatever vendor was used. He's also going to email me in a little while a few numbers you might try. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
9,931 Posts
Chester,

Try calling the park at this number. If you get no help, let me know. My buddy said I should call him again if that doesn't work.

814-535-5010

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
You want to call the STATE PARKS people, not the state forest people.

Both are part of DCNR. But they are different divisions within DCNR.

So, start with Lyman Run State Park, but in the winter time it might be hard to reach someone there.

So be willing to go higher up, and talk to the State Parks people in Harrisburg.

And if that doesn't work, contact your local state legislators.

If it is a vendor gouging people, that's not acceptable. The State Parks have a responsibility to manage the vendors to prevent such abuse.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Anytime an "outside" contractor works for a government agency "price gouging" is standard policy.... >:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Obtaining a boat mooring permit requires, along with the paying of the fee, the signing of an agreement that constitutes a contract, the terms of which are explained in plain English including the dates of service agreed to. A lot of people continue to think that any adherence to such a contract by the other party is an unreasonable affront to their right to do whatever the hades they want to do. Barking up that tree deserves no sympathy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts