The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new lyman deerstalker has a small gap between the side of the frizzen and the barrel. If I turned the gun on its side and shook it, I could shake the priming charge out of it. Is this normal, or should the frizzen pretty well seal the priming pan?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
it should be seated tight she if the lock is loose the see if the inside of the lock is touching the wood you may need to sand a little out or take it back to wear you bought it and have them do it

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I think someone I know said some thing like this a few years back they said they melted wax to close it up. But not sure about it good luck..

·
Registered
112 Posts
My friend had the same issue. He took it back to the dealer and they sent it to lyman and I they sent it back fixed. Seems to be an issue sometime with lymans. New Gun..I would not do anything except talk to the persons or company you invested into the gun with. That would be your dealer /or lyman.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually sort of bent it back in place fairly well. A evening at the range, brought some new problems. I can't get any kind of a group with this thing. I guess some more range time is needed...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had the same problem. I took mine to Dixons Muzzloading shop and they took it apart and did a little work on where it mounts and all was fixed. Just take it to your local gunsmith and it should be an easy fix. As far as grouping you have to make sure that after a shot or 2 you run a cleaning patch down threw the barrel or you will never keep a consistant group.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts