The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can the trigger on a deer stalker be lightend? mine feels way to heavy.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
not too sure I would suggest making a trip to Dixon's. I have a d-stalker also and have just dealt with the trigger. I feel your pain. Not too worried about it, i should have a new one in 4 months that has a sweet trigger

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to get the dremel out and do some filing!!the trigger is way too heavy there has to be a way to lighten it up.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
just be careful not to take too much away. for things like that i really don't trust myself and have someone elso do it. that way if it gets messed up it is on them not me

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
just be careful not to take too much away. for things like that i really don't trust myself and have someone elso do it. that way if it gets messed up it is on them not me

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did it on my trade rifle,it work out good.I was hoping someone could tell a better way.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I was told no by a couple different gunsmiths. I broke mine down and oiled it up and its OK. They are a tad stiff though. Actually I think Loggy directed me to a replacement
that would fit a couple years ago. That however would have taken away my excuse for missing deer.
I'll tell ya the Lyman peeps with the hooded front sight are a difference maker. The 2 are about $135 with shipping from Lyman.com. Cheaper from Williams

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Oil it and shoot it... it'll loosen up.

I must have gotten really lucky... mine is like a dream.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do not use a dremmel tool on it you should use a stone or piece of ceramic. If you take the lock apart you will see the tool marks left from the machining process. Sometimes the tooling process is ok and sometimes not. My deerstalker trigger was great from the factory and others were stiff and had excess creep. You just want to stone the tool marks out. It takes a little time but the trigger will be great. If your trigger is just stiff with no creep it has a burr on it that needs to be honed down. I wish I took pics of the one I just did on a pa hunter. It had lot's of tool marks but she breaks clean now. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
539 Posts
So do you think my guys said no because I have no burr? 2 gunsmiths took mine apart. Both said it was as good as it was going to get. I guess my trigger is probably better than my shooting anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts