·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
This is serious business and I am guessing, and thankful, that you were not injured.
Can you give us some detail on the load you were firing / caliber of rifle / the works.

How did you discover the break; did the barrel dismount form the stock, cloud of flame and smoke erupt in your face?

Again, I hope you are okay.

I just got my TOW English Fowler today, stopped at Dixon's and picked up the bullets / patches to shoot smooth bore PRB and the fixin's needed to fire 20 ga shot from it as well. Kinda' scared now.............

·
Premium Member
23,605 Posts
Heard of a flinters barrel bulging due to loading error etc but first time ever for this. Checked Lyman's ML page, Press Releases etc & nothing jumped out to me re Recalls etc. Thanks for posting this Sun as i know some here have Lymans.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
This is serious business and I am guessing, and thankful, that you were not injured.
Can you give us some detail on the load you were firing / caliber of rifle / the works.

How did you discover the break; did the barrel dismount form the stock, cloud of flame and smoke erupt in your face?

I just got my TOW English Fowler today, stopped at Dixon's and picked up the bullets / patches to shoot smooth bore PRB and the fixin's needed to fire 20 ga shot from it as well. Kinda' scared now.............
There is no reason for you to be scared, unless you had said you just purchased a Lyman firearm. I have not heard of this happening to anything other than Lyman guns recently. If I were you I'd go enjoy the gun and not worry about it.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Bud's guns said they didn't know about the recall? Huh. That's kinda hard to believe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This did not happen to me.
I only posted the link to the original thread to help make people aware.
I've read posts by three people who said that this same failure happened to them, 2 others posted on the muzzleloadingforum back in February.
And now this 3rd event happened 7 months later.
There's slightly over 3,000 recalled guns.
Only Lyman knows how many breech plugs have failed and how many guns still need to be collected.
Hopefully there are not too many more left that are dangerous,

·
Registered
791 Posts
Bud's guns said they didn't know about the recall? Huh. That's kinda hard to believe.
That's what my local gun shop owner said too when I told him about it but he was cool about it and checked it out on his computer then sent the barrel back for me at no cost to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts