The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with the 4th Gap Preserve South of Rauchtown? This is right out the road from our camp. Just wanted to know what's up with that place.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Do you mean the place towards fourth gap road from rauchtown camp, where they closed the state road(put gates up on rauchtown gun clubs ground), it would be the next right after the last farm coming fronm 880 on 4th gap road. I only know of rauchtown gun club, sand run preserve, in that immediate area, unless its the old 4th gap camp.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, coming from 880 on 4th gap road. It's the farm on the right hand side of the road. It has little signs out front saying 4th Gap Hunting Preserve or something like that.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I never knew it to be a game preserve, maybe they just started advertising recently. I am heading to the cabin thursday, i'll take s looksey, not far from there.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might not be a Preserve. The signs they have posted made me wonder, if it is.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
oh, as far as i know bressler, the towing guy outside of carrol on 80 his relation owns that place, and it isn't a preserve. Do you have a cabin on fourth gap rd or off of it, just curious ours is a state forest lease in bald eagle by route 80, about 3 miles from the pit stop diner, on zimmerman road, same as rauchtown gun club.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hunt a little off Zimmerman road. I am down on Gap Road right beside the big dug out. The Double M.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
ok know where its at i am at buckhorn hunting camp first cabin from 80 on zimmerman last before 80 depending on which way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts