The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new at the trialing. My question is, on friday we ran the 15 in. class, made it thru the first series. after lunch, they called for measuring for the final.?? what happened to the second and third series? To me judging a single series for finals is comfusing to understand. Please help me out with info.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
How many starters in the class you ran in? There is nothing in the rules that says they have to run a second or third series. Third series is rare anyway.

If the entries aren't too high it's common to run first series and go straight to a winners pack.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks john for the info. is there any web sites or book on judging to help understand rules and procedures on trialing? thanks again

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Midvalley, there is a judging seminar at Lebanon County beagle club, June 2nd where you would see a lot of your questions answered. This also is weekend of the Northeast Beagle Gundog Federation (NEBGF) championship. Good time to see some good hounds go. Great club with great food all around good weekend for beagling, and you can also download a rule book from the AKC website here
AKC SPO Rule book

If you have any other questions throw them up here or call John Gibble, President of NEBGF at
seven one seven 449-0699

·
Registered
178 Posts
Andy NEBGF's judges seminar is on June 2nd for 1st timers and June 3rd for Advanced seminar. Just wanted to make sure Midvalley has the right dates. Oh i saw on the site where it is $30 AKC fee for the seminar also.
Cheryl

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gibble was at our meeting a few weeks ago at Lebanon and I believe they were going to do both the advanced and basic seminars on separate days at the NEBGF Championship. That was back on 3/15 so it might have changed since then.

·
Registered
146 Posts
See ya there Andy. I will be in the kitchen cooking up all kinds of goodness for the trialers. Just took over the kitchen this year.

Andy, also just picked up Jill's littermate brother a few weeks ago, he is fitting right into the pack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts